Feb 9 2011
This week on the WELSTech Podcast we return to our school technology book discussion and interview Mexico Missionary Mike Hartmann.
Listen now or download Episode 170 (56:56)
Inspire and Assess Technology Integration - Martin and Sallie discuss chapter 6 of Leading 21st Century Schools which focuses on school leaders motivating technology changes in education. Practical guidelines for assessing tech enhanced lessons are shared as well.
- Martin Luther College Certificate of Education Technology and Masters with Educational Technology Emphasis.
- School Technology Plans on the WELSTech Wiki
(14:13) The Proclaimer - Missionary Mike Hartman from Leon, Mexico joins Martin and Sallie to share a story of outreach using a solar-powered, wind-up MP3 player in remote Mexico.
- Using technology to Proclaim the Word from WELS Missions blog
- The Proclaimer from Faith Comes by Hearing
- Lutherans in Mexico, the Hartmann’s blog
- (28:50) We asked for online donation options, and our WELSTech listeners responded with several:
- Jared Mahnke from Luther High School in Onalaska, WI uses Just Give.org – Visit their donation page
- Joshua Johnson from Nebraska Lutheran High School in Omaha, NE shared that they use Vanco powered by e.services for donations, tuition payments, and other giving needs – Visit their donation page
- Martin shared links to EasyTithe.com and MinistryGive.org
- Wisconsin Lutheran Quarterly (1990-2010) is available from Logos
- CreationSwap.com shares images and multi-media for congregational usage
Picks of the week:
- (35:53) Compelling Facebook Fan Pages by Chris Brogan
- (43:08) Are you considering Google Apps for your congregation or school? If so, you’ll want to read the recent WELSTech Listserve discussion thread on the topic. We’ve created a Google Apps page on the WELSTech Wiki.
- Michael Luce from Abiding Faith in Ft. Worth, TX wrote to let us know he’s participated in online worship with all of the congregations on the online worship listing on the WELSTech Wiki. Do you stream your services live? Add your church to the list!
- Helpful links shared via the WELSTech Group on Diigo:
Coming up on WELSTech:
(53:18) Episode 171 - We’ll answer the question “What should I blog about?” and talk with Pastor/blogger Dan Waters about his motivation and topics for blogging. (Release date 02/16/11)
The featured artist:
(54:01) This week we close with the music of Kevin Loersch – Amazing Grace from his CD titled ”Abide With Me”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: