A new year brings new opportunities and professional development resolutions. We all have a lot to learn, especially if we would like to keep up with current options in technology. This episode covers different ways to plan for, curate and consume learning resources that will keep you current. You may even be inspired to share your knowledge via a blog or, dare we say, a podcast!
Learn something new – Martin and Sallie kick off the January discussion topic, Sharpen Your Skills, with a look at sources and methods for professional and personal development.
- Twitter Lists
- Better Cloud Monitor
- Smart Brief
- OneNote Web Clipper
- What’s Best Next book discussion series
News in tech:
- Interactive Faith online Bible Study – Isaiah: God confronts and comforts his people – Missionary Daniel Habben from St. John, Antigua leads the study on Wednesday’s beginning January 10 through February 7 at 6 pm and 8 pm CST.
- Mark your calendars for the WELS Ed, Tech, Lead Summit, happening June 25-27 at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells, WI. Learn more and sign up for updates at welsedtechlead.com.
- List your tech skills and find skilled WELS/ELS techies at skills.welstech.net.
Picks of the week:
Projection and Wi-Fi hardware available on the WELSTech Google Group
New on the WELSTech YouTube Instructional Playlist, Starting a PLN on Twitter: A Quick Guide For Teachers from Common Sense Education. Consider subscribing to their YouTube channel.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 532 – The “Sharpen Your Skills” focus continues next week. There’s still more to learn! Release date: Wednesday, January 17.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: