This week the WELSTech Podcast is loaded with tech teaching tools to enhance your classroom planning.
More Tech Tools to Consider – Continuing the current WELSTech book discussion of Leading 21st Century Schools, Martin and Sallie highlight a few of the tech tools discussed in chapter 4 where the focus is on primary resources, peripheral devices and subject-specific resources.
- Center for History and New Media
- From the WELSTech archives, listen to our interview with Pete and Cari Schlosser on photography in the classroom
- Scholastic teacher Resources
- H.I.P. Pocket Change from the U.S. Mint
- Illuminations from National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- National Geographic Kids
- F.B.I. for Kids
- National Science Digital Library
(19:24) Trinity Technology – Teacher Ryan Rathje from Trinity in Belle Plaine, MN joins Martin and Sallie to share tech integration ideas from the trenchs including new programs they have implemented with netbooks, iPods, an online gradebook and more. Mac users will also appreciate Ryan’s list of favorite Mac teaching tools.
- Lit2Go from The University of South Florida online and in iTunes U
- A Cleaner YouTube Safari extension
- Cuss Off Safari extension
- (36:03) NIV 2011: Every Last Change from the Don’t Eat the Fruit blog
- NIV Translation Update from WELS Together
News in Tech:
Picks of the week:
- (41:13) Pandora Internet Radio | iPod app – Sallie’s “Christmas Canon” channel
- AdBlock for Chrome, FireFox, Safari & Internet Explorer
Christmas 2010 WELSTech Scavenger Hunt:
(45:45) Week 4 of our latest WELSTech contest is here, and we’ve hidden our “QR Code of the Week” somewhere on the WELSTech site. Listen each week through December 15th as we reveal clues for finding 5 QR Codes which will point you to a mystery message. Following the December 15th show you can enter the mystery message for a chance to win a $25 Cafe Press gift certificate, where your WELSTech merchandise dreams can come true! The winner will be selected from all correct entries and announced on our special Christmas week podcast airing December 22nd.
- This week’s clue to the code location is … Photography in the Classroom.
- Get the previous clues: Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3
- Remember, you can use your smartphone or an online decoder to decipher the message. Have fun!
- (47:15) Martin shared a link to The Great Bible Shift from Catalyst Space
- Sallie shared Mashable’s 5 Innovative Classroom Management Tools that she had never heard of
- Maren McPeak from St. Mark’s in Citrus Heights, CA tweeted a question for WELSTech-ers … “Anyone develop an Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) for k-8 students that references use of network, Google App and/or Moodle accounts?”
- David Schumann from Peace in Janesville, WI shared a caution about “Toner Pirates”
Coming up on WELSTech:
(54:25) Episode 162 – GTD (Getting Things Done) meets the church office on next week’s office administration podcast, and we interview Staff Minister Jon Ruddat. (Release date 12/15/10)
The featured artist:
(55:32) We close the podcast with the music of Kevin Loersch – Mary Did You Know from his CD titled ”O Holy Night”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: