685 – Tech-Enhanced Ministry: PLN
Personal Learning Networks (PLN) are the topic of this week’s WELSTech as we march through our summer series on Tech-Enhanced Ministry. Listen for familiar and new tools for managing your network and curating information. Martin made one of the newest his pick of the week because he was so smitten. Sallie’s got you covered for summer reading, and the WELSTech community pitches in to round out this episode.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 42:39 — 58.6MB)
Personal Learning Networks – Martin and Sallie discuss a powerful tool for ongoing learning and professional growth, the Personal Learning Network (PLN). Actively seeking resources on interests and responsibilities can lead to engaging in thoughtful reflection and ultimately to curating your own resources on the topic.
Check out the Building Your PLN Teacher Challenge from EduBlogs to learn more, and start or grown your PLN.
Picks of the week
- Summer reading via the Libby app
- The Bomber Mafia by Malcolm Gladwell
- On Animals by Susan Orlean
Community news & feedback
Our thanks to teacher Michael Vlieger from Risen Savior in Mankato, MN for sharing more professional development resources:
- Google’s Applied Digital Skills – Register for summer webinars
- Wakelet on professional development
- Join the goldedu.org “Make and Take” Google group
Coming up next on WELSTech
The Tech-Enhanced Ministry series continues with a discussion of personal productivity.
- Add comments
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- WELSTech on Instagram
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!