WELSTech continues a month-long focus on video for church and school as we add Steve & Beth Zambo to the conversation. They share helpful ideas about storytelling, interview techniques, “B” roll footage and more. Martin encourages you to clean up your computer desktop while Sallie is all in for Reformation 500. Plus, we are excited to play some audio encouragement regarding video from our friend Philip Wels!
The interview and discussion:
Reunited – The Zambos (Steve & Beth) join the show to offer video tips and tricks. Steve is the president of Salty Earth Pictures and Professor of Digital Cinema & Media at Wisconsin Lutheran College, while Beth works for WELS Christian Aid & Relief. Their years of experience will help the rest of us up our video game and perhaps encourage us to make video a bigger part of our ministries.
News in tech:
- Interactive Faith online Bible Study – Luther’s Lasting Impact – Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary Prof. Joel Otto will lead the study on Wednesday’s now through November 8 at 6 pm and 8 pm (central).
- Join the conversation at the Gospel Outreach with Media (gowm.org) online conference, now through November 13
- Sallie’s WELSTech Gospel Outreach Discoveries
Picks of the week:
- Luther’s Protest: From 95 Theses to Reformation by John Braun
- Reformation bookmarks to color from the Michigan district of LCMS
- Thanks for the voice mail and video production encouragement, Philip Wels!
- How to Record Skype and Google Hangout Video Calls
- Microsoft Retiring Office Mix
- A virtual unboxing of the New Look for Google Calendar
And then, the companion Behind the Scenes of the Martin Luther Playmobil Animation, for those interested in making a video along these lines.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 521 – Join us for a WELSTech Reformation 500 celebration and a bit of sunshine from our friend Jason Schmidt as we discuss school video production. Release date: Wednesday, November 1.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: