342 – Healthy Tech
It’s time to get fit, and on WELSTech this week we explore important fitness measures and tech trackers to support your fitness goals. Martin has an important lesson share that drove him to use paper and pencil, of all things, and Sallie is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Rubik’s cube.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 59:59 — 27.5MB)
The interview and discussion:
Make a change – What better time than right now to adopt a fitness-for-life mentality. Martin Luther College Professor of Physical Education Dan Gawrisch talks with Martin and Sallie about five fitness measures, the 10,000 steps per day activity goal and calculating your target heart rate. And there are shiny tech gadgets to motivate and track your fitness journey to share as well.
- The Best Activity Trackers for Fitness
- My Fitness Pal
- Nutrition Menu
- If This Then That has FitBit Recipes
- Share a helpful resource that makes a difference in your ministry, and you will be entered to win an Apple TV. Deadline for entry is May 31, 2014.
- Save money with a fun and functional smartphone case
- Archive your work online for future reference – Google Sites
Picks of the week:
- Reveling in Rubik’s
- Nokia Lumia 520 GoPhone
- Live streaming of graduation events at Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary – May 20 to 23
- KML Tech & Teach – June 3
- FinalWeb Training – July 29 to August 1
- Listener’s Bible
- Listen for free in the YouVersion Bible app and online YouVersion Bible
- Developing a Technology Plan
- Building Relationships in Online Programs
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 343 – Jason Schmidt, a.k.a. Mr. Sunshine, guest hosts on the last education focused show of this school year as we explore the Google Play for Education store and Nexus 7 tablets. (Broadcast date – 05/27/14)
Enjoy WELS artist Jason Jaspersen’s sand animation to accompany A Son Emmanuel by Koine from WELSTech ‘s new WELS Artists playlist
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!