This week the WELSTech discussion centers around using your web site for event promotion. Brian Shaffer joins Martin and Sallie to announce enhancements to the FinalWeb system.
- Event promotion – Martin and Sallie share ideas for taking your congregation or school web site to the next level by moving beyond the basics – location & service times – to focus on the events that are happening, utilizing your web “channel” as an important component in your overall communication plan.
- Sample event-based congregation web design – www.gccwired.com
- New features on FinalWeb (18:14) – Brian Shaffer, of FinalWeb.com, joins Martin and Sallie to announce some exciting enhancements to the FinalWeb system including higher storage capacity, calendar enhancements, and a custom tool for building templates.
- Learn more about FinalWeb – www.wels.net/jump/webhosting
- Picks of the week (37:19)
- Understanding fair use in education
- Online video conversion – www.vixy.net
- WELS.net feature (41:31)
- Community feedback (44:10)
- Coming up on WELSTech (46:55)
- Episode 047 – Julie Duran, WELS Webmaster, joins us as we take an inside look at popular Content Management Systems (CMS) including WordPress, Joomla and Drupal
The featured artist:
- We close with music of WELS artist, Mike Westendorf (www.mikewestendorf.com) – Climb The Mountain from his CD with the same title (48:26)
- Add a comment below
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice mail: 414-375-2334
- del.icio.us tag: welstech