This week the focus of the WELSTech podcast is Content Management Systems. Martin and Sallie are joined by WELS.net webmaster, Julie Duran, and we take a look at WordPress, Joomla and Drupal.
- Content Management Systems – WELS.net webmaster and manager of WELS Web Services, Julie Duran, joins Martin and Sallie for a discussion of the “big three” open source Content Management Systems (CMS) – WordPress, Joomla and Drupal. Any of these software solutions could be used to build and manage a church or school web site, and the conversation includes pros and cons of each option.
- St. Paul’s in Washington, DC
- Open Source Content Management System Overview (.pdf)
- Visit the WELSTech Wiki to share your experience with any or all of the CMS systems discussed
- Picks of the week (24:45)
- WELS.net feature (33.15)
- Community feedback (33:55)
- Coming up on WELSTech (35:33)
- Episode 048 – Gail Potratz joins us for a discussion on teaching our children research skills in a Web 2.0 world
The featured artist:
- We close with music of WELS artist, Michael Schroeder (michaelschroeder.com) – O Come, O Come Emmanuel from his CD titled The Reason For the Season (37:35)
- Add a comment below
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Voice mail: 414-375-2334
- del.icio.us tag: welstech