Episode 005 – Feb 6 2008
This week Martin and Sallie discuss using technology to assist with ministry to seniors – a growing demographic segment of WELS congregations. They also wrap up the copyright interview with WELS lawyer Harvey Dunn.
Podcast: Download (51.1MB)
- Technology in senior ministry – How can technology assist in ministry to senior citizens? Martin and Sallie look at stats on this growing demographic and explore usability issues as well as ideas for engaging seniors through technology.
- Jakob Nielsen article – Usability for Senior Citizens
- Share podcast worship resources
- Streams – Daily Devotions, Through my Bible in 3 Years, Sermons
- Listing of WELS congregational audio video resources – www.wels.net/jump/onlineworship
- Microsoft Photo Story – Produce photo slide shows to share on a laptop with shut ins
- Copyright – In the second installment of a two part interview, Harvey Dunn, WELS member and intellectual property attorney, joins Martin and Sallie to discuss public domain and web broadcast issues
- Intellectual Property Rights Education – www.ipreducation.com
- This week’s picks
- Add a BibleGateway search box to your web site – www.biblegateway.com/usage
- Clipdiary – www.softvoile.com/clipdiary
- WELS.net feature
- @wels.net free web-based e-mail – webmail.wels.net
- Parent’s Crosslink open chat – February, 11 @ 7 p.m. – www.wels.net/jump/chat
- Easter radio on Streams
- Community feedback
- From Matt Weseloh, Great Plains Lutheran High School, Watertown, SD – Questions about configuring a school gymnasium sound system – Share your ideas and experience
The featured artist:
- WELS contemporary Christian musician Kevin Loersch in a duet with Cindy Bauder singing My Savior Jesus from his CD Abide With Me – web.mac.com/kloersch
- Add a comment below
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Voice mail: 414-375-2334
- del.icio.us tag: welstech
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!