Sep 20 2016
On WELSTech this week, Martin and Sallie open the virtual mail bag and share tips and tricks from listeners, including the announcement of a free Fall conference focused on gospel outreach and technology, two things near and dear to every WELSTech-er. There’s also web hosting advice, typing tutors, and fun ways to create color palettes for your next project.
Community feedback feast – Martin and Sallie share all sorts of tech-in-ministry goodness from WELSTech-ers!
- Read and share the Gospel Outreach with Media Fall conference announcement
- October 10 through 31 at GOWM.org
- Send to Kindle for Mac and PC
- It’s ‘digital heroin’ – How screens turn kids into psychotic junkies
- Adobe Color Wheel
- How to Determine Your Church’s Digital Direction
- Best Web Hosting for Churches (And Which to Avoid)
- Join the conversation in the WELSTech Google Group
- 77 of the Best Church Websites of 2016
- 4 Techniques to Optimize Your Nonprofit Newsletter
News in tech:
Week 2 of Apple updates – new mobile operating systems:
Just in time for Reformation …. “What does this mean? The continuing importance of Luther’s Small Catechism” is the title of the current Interactive Faith series led by Rev. John Braun. Tune in on Wednesdays at 6 or 8 pm Central, September 21 – October 26.
Picks of the week:
- Use Your Mouse as a Laser Pointer in Google Slides (Plus 2 More Useful Tips)
- Slides Carnival – Google Slides Templates
- OneNote Web Clipper
Zoom.us video conferencing
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 464 – We welcome Rachel Feld from Bethany in Kenosha, WI to the Semi-Regular Classroom Technology Correspondent (a.k.a., Guest Host) chair! Release date: Wednesday, September 28.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: