May 14 2013
This week’s WELSTech Podcast spans the globe as Martin joins us from the future, 13 hours ahead in Hong Kong! We feature a wrap up of the Presentation Zen book discussion and a new “Listener Review” segment. Martin also shares his thoughts on his Windows Surface Pro tablet, which he deemed worthy of making the trip to Hong Kong.
Listen now or download Episode 288 (50:32)
How engaging! – Martin and Sallie reach the conclusion of our latest book discussion, Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds (garrreynolds.com | @presentationzen), with a look at techniques for engaging your audience including getting rid of barriers, having the right equipment and keeping it real.
(19:40) This week we introduce a new feature on WELSTech … Listener Reviews.
- Pastor Matt Arnold from St. Paul in Oconto Falls, WI kicks it off with his review of the Nexus 7 tablet.
- Send us a video, audio or text review of your favorite tech-in-ministry product, and you’ll be entered into a drawing for great prizes!
Picks of the week:
- (22:40) Tagxedo – Scripture Ideas from Lakeside Lutheran HS: April Showers | May Flowers
- Microsoft Surface Pro
- (30:45) WELSTech Camp – September 14 at Martin Luther College – FREE!!
- Google Education Summit – June 16-21 at Wisconsin Lutheran College – $200 registration discount with “WELSTech” promo code
- (34:10) Lakeside Lutheran High School Community Recycle Event video recap
- BYOD For Your: The Guide to Bring Your Own Device to Work by Dan Lohrmann
- Creative Commons Flowchart
- Cousera to offer new set of online course options targeting teacher education
- Analyze Writing Errors with SlickWrite for Firefox and Chrome
- The Best Chrome Apps You’re (Probably) Not Using
- The Wasted Sermon
- Math Open Reference
- Why Our School Is Going Beyond Printed Newsletters
Coming up on WELSTech:
(45:30) Episode 289 – Martin and Sallie talk with Peter Frank from Concordia Technology Solutions about the online member database Church 360. (Release date – 05/21/13)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: