This week’s WELSTech Podcast spans the globe as Martin joins us from the future, 13 hours ahead in Hong Kong! We feature a wrap up of the Presentation Zen book discussion and a new “Listener Review” segment. Martin also shares his thoughts on his Windows Surface Pro tablet, which he deemed worthy of making the trip to Hong Kong.
How engaging! – Martin and Sallie reach the conclusion of our latest book discussion, Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds (garrreynolds.com | @presentationzen), with a look at techniques for engaging your audience including getting rid of barriers, having the right equipment and keeping it real.
(19:40) This week we introduce a new feature on WELSTech … Listener Reviews.
- Pastor Matt Arnold from St. Paul in Oconto Falls, WI kicks it off with his review of the Nexus 7 tablet.
- Send us a video, audio or text review of your favorite tech-in-ministry product, and you’ll be entered into a drawing for great prizes!
Picks of the week:
- (22:40) Tagxedo – Scripture Ideas from Lakeside Lutheran HS: April Showers | May Flowers
- Microsoft Surface Pro
- (30:45) WELSTech Camp – September 14 at Martin Luther College – FREE!!
- Google Education Summit – June 16-21 at Wisconsin Lutheran College – $200 registration discount with “WELSTech” promo code
- (34:10) Lakeside Lutheran High School Community Recycle Event video recap
- BYOD For Your: The Guide to Bring Your Own Device to Work by Dan Lohrmann
- Creative Commons Flowchart
- Cousera to offer new set of online course options targeting teacher education
- Analyze Writing Errors with SlickWrite for Firefox and Chrome
- The Best Chrome Apps You’re (Probably) Not Using
- The Wasted Sermon
- Math Open Reference
- Why Our School Is Going Beyond Printed Newsletters
Coming up on WELSTech:
(45:30) Episode 289 – Martin and Sallie talk with Peter Frank from Concordia Technology Solutions about the online member database Church 360. (Release date – 05/21/13)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: