539 – Back to the Basics: Email
WELSTech is going “back to the basics” in March and tackling old technology that is still very relevant today. Email is one of those oldies but goodies. You might be surprised what email can do for you today. Tune in for that plus a BIG announcement about next summer’s EdTechLead Summit and how you can earn a free night at Kalahari Resort!
Podcast: Download (Duration: 47:03 — 43.1MB)
Email for the win – Email has been around since we began using the Internet (way back when!), and despite the multitude of communication methods available today, email is still the right tool for the job in many instances. Brush up on your knowledge of email as Martin and Sallie share their preferences and reference resources for administrators.
- gSuite & Gmail on my domain
- Internet and Email Policies Sample
- Inbox Zero
- Martin’s favorite productivity tip – Waiting for
News in tech:
- Calling all presenters!! Submit your ideas for a session at #EdTechLead19, WELS Education, Technology, and Leadership Summit, happening June 25-27 at Kalahari Resort in WI Dells – welsedtechlead.com/call-for-presenters
- Registration is open for WELS International Youth Rally 2018
Picks of the week:
- Canned Responses for Gmail
- Drafts for iOS
National Day of Unplugging – March 10
Lesley Bergemann reports that teachers at Good Shepherds in West Allis, WI are using FastDirect for parent communication, but that doesn’t mean they can leave their classroom web pages empty.
Check out the full complement of Drafts screencasts, including this Overview.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 540 – Martin and Sallie talk the basics of document management with Drew Willems from Lakeside Lutheran High School. Release date: Wednesday, March 14.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Google+
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- WELSTech on Instagram