This week on WELSTech we talk about the future of wearable technology in education. It’s not quite ready but it’s coming! Listen also for news from Google Voice, a new edtech evaluation tool for schools, and WELSTech’s own Alex Trebek.
Sew in a circuit board – Jason Schmidt, Technology Coordinator for Bennington ISD near Omaha, NE and one of WELSTech’s Classroom Technology Correspondents, chimes in on the topic of wearable tech which has been identified as having mainstream K-12 educational adoption in the next 4-5 years in the New Media Consortium K-12 Horizon Report 2016.
- Download the report (PDF)
- STEAM Project Lets Middle School Girls Design Wearable Technology
- WearTec – Nebraska 4-H
- Wearables Tutorials from Spark Fun
- Wearable Electronics Class from Instructables
News in tech:
Picks of the week:
- UNICEF Kid Power School Program
- Department of Education Creates New Evaluation Tool for K-12 Administrators – Ed Tech RCE Coach
- Top 10 Ways to Extend Your Laptop’s Battery Life
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 483 – Amber Rose joins Martin and Sallie to share some about “Chatter That Matters” from the Holy Hen House. Release date: Wednesday, November 2.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: