This week the WELSTech podcast discussion centers on the use of social networks to further the spread of the gospel.
Ministry Is Social – Martin’s recent Social Networking and Ministry presentation at a Minnesota pastor’s conference is the topic of the day. Use the link above to follow along “Prezi-style” as he and Sallie discuss the appeal and flavors of social networks and some interesting examples of the use of Facebook and Twitter in ministry.
(21:50) Team Effort – Jason Tesch from Eastside in Madison, WI joins Martin and Sallie to share the story behind their polished church web site.
(37:45) How to Build a Facebook Page from Mashable
- More on FBML (Facebook Markup Language)
- Check out the new FBML-enabled WELSTech tab – set to be the landing page for “non-fans”
Picks of the week:
(44:46) Join Martin in Saginaw, MI for FinalWeb for Dummies. The three day face-to-face training will be held April 6-8 on the campus of Michigan Lutheran Seminary. Check out details and register at bit.ly/fw4dummies.
- (46:39) Jason Schmidt from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE shared links to …
- Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI shared a link to The Periodic Table of Videos
- Coming soon to WELSTech in response to a request from Pastor David Ernest, MLC’s Prof. Jim Grunwald will join us to share info on the new Certificate of Educational Technology program that kicks off this summer.
- John Shoosmith from Redeemer in Yakima, WA continues to refine the awesome Closed Caption Video resources on the WELSTech Wiki.
- Steve Mathwig from St. John’s in Oak Creek, WI asks about minimum upload bandwidth for streaming live events. Martin suggests 384 kbps or greater.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(52:57) Episode 123 – Join us on St. Patrick’s Day as WELSTech “goes green” with ideas for eco-friendly churches and schools including tips from Office Depot representatives. (Release date 03/17/10)
The featured artist:
(53:58) We close the podcast with the music of The Branches Band (www.branchesband.com) – Nothing But The Blood from their CD “Sing, My Tongue”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Use the del.icio.us tag welstech
- Use the diigo tag welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: