This week Martin and Sallie discuss tools for producing Flash video for the web and interview Missionary Rob Siirila about the use of video conferencing for distance learning. There’s also an exciting announcement about a new WELSTech listener contest.
- Flash video – The emerging leader for Internet video delivery is Flash. Martin and Sallie share resources to get listeners started producing Flash video for their congregation’s web site.
- Free Adobe Flash Media Encoder 2
- Fee-based Flash video software
- Wikipedia article on Flash – includes links to stand-alone Flash players
- Online tools for converting existing video to Flash format
- Live streaming services
- Video conferencing – Martin and Sallie had the opportunity to virtually circumvent the globe and talk with Missionary Rob Siirila about the exciting distance learning work being done via Internet video conferencing at Asia Lutheran Seminary in Hong Kong.
- This week’s picks
- WELS.net feature
- Navigate WELS.net with ease via jumpwords
- Of interest
- Community feedback
The featured artist:
- In His Service, a trumpet and piano duet of WELS performers Dr. Patricia Backhaus and Valerie Floeter, perform Praise God, from Whom All Blessings Flow from their fourth CD In Our Hearts – www.adagioconcepts.com