701 – E-Newsletters
On this episode of WELSTech, Martin and Sallie talk with e-news expert Amanda Klemp about the content and desired statistics for e-newsletter efforts. Plus, we share image resources and ideas for both church and school e-news to support the efforts. The picks this week are helpful for detecting ChatGPT content and for upping the ante on your Mac webcam.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 46:36 — 64.0MB)
Shoot for 3% – WELS Editorial Projects Manager Amanda Klemp joins Martin and Sallie to share her experience overseeing the many WELS e-newsletters. Listen for insight into desired thresholds for open and click rates that may surprise (and relieve) you. Amanda also details important considerations for determining the format and style of your messages.
- wels.net/subscribe – Sign up for WELS e-news
- 10 best newsletter platforms for content creators in 2023 – from Marketer Milk
- Why You Need a Church Email Marketing Strategy – from Outreach
- Awesome Classroom Newsletters with MailChimp (video)
Picks of the week
- Use GPTZero.me to test text for AI generation – a tip from the Blueprint-Schools.com webinar on ChatGPT
- iPhone Continuity Camera
Tune in for ideas to use your calendar to get creative!
- Add comments
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- WELSTech on Instagram
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech