School and classroom web sites are the topic of today’s WELSTech. We cover the basics of what belongs on a school site from the start and share ideas of things to add to the site to take it to the next level. For the classroom, we discuss the use of student blogs and social classroom management sites as well.
School and Classroom Sites – We made it to the last full chapter of our summer eBook, Church & School Website Content. This week Martin and Sallie tie things up for school and classroom pages with recommendations for basic and advanced school related content as well as supplemental sites that may serve as all or part of a classroom site.
- Series resource page – Includes links to the eBook and sample sites
Picks of the week:
(28:39) WELSTech Camp is coming up on September 14 at Martin Luther College in New Ulm, MN. Registration has been extended until September 6 so there is still time to attend and possibly win a Mimio Teach Bar ($800 value) or 16GB iPad ($500 value)!!
- (30:46) Kids of the Past vs. Kids of the Internet
- Grammar Girl
- Ribbon Hero 2
- The Ever Changing Chrome
- Get the NIV 2011 free from You Version – Download help
- Truth in Love Ministry is looking for a company to administer their website. Details are posted on the WELSTech listserve.
Coming up on WELSTech:
(41:56) Episode 306 – As the summer Church and School Website Content eBook series draws to a conclusion our new book discussion series kicks off and you’re invited to read along with Martin and Sallie. This year’s book will be The Shallows by Nicholas Carr. (Release date – 09/10/13)
The featured artist:
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the link on the right to leave us a voicemail
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: