182 – Staff Ministry Recap
This week on the WELSTech Podcast we share the tech talk from last week’s 2011 WELS Conference of Staff Ministers.
Podcast: Download (33.6MB)
Lots of intersections – Martin and Sallie recap the recent Staff Minister Conference and the various discussions they led for the multi-talented, multi-vocational audience. It’s neat to see how technology is a thread which crosses the variety of ministry paths in which Staff Ministers are involved.
- View a video clip from Martin”s quasi-TED Talk moment
- Martin’s “Finding The Intersection of Technology and Ministry” keynote Prezi (Short URL – bit.ly/findintersection)
- WordPress Driven Church
- Glo Bible
- Table Project
- Church 360
- Sallie’s “Making the Most of Your Website” breakout mind map (Short URL – bit.ly/maxwebsite)
- (23:54) Greg Mink from Peace in Eagle River, AK shared “No Fear!” sermon promo videos created by Pastor Rob Guenther at Grace in Kenai, AK using Xtranormal.com. Check out Pastor Guenther’s YouTube channel for lots more examples.
- Perry Lund from Grace in Oskaloosa, IA pointed us to the online embeddable book 125 years 125 Stories Martin Luther College.
- Have you tried the Boogie Board Paperless LCD Writing Tablet? Let us know what you think of it.
- May is Digital Outreach Month. Check out the resources at InternetEvangelismDay.com and listen to our archived podcast interview with IE Day founder Tony Whittaker.
News in tech:
(32:30) Delicious lives
Picks of the week:
- (34:16) Random Name Selector utility
- TableProject.org – Join the WELSTech TableProject sandbox
- (40:20) Check out WELS live streaming schedule for the upcoming graduation and call season
- FinalWeb Training in New Ulm, MN and Milwaukee, WI
- FinalWeb for Teachers in New Ulm on June 27 and Milwaukee on August 1 – bit.ly/fw4teachers
- FinalWeb for Dummies in New Ulm June 28-30 and Milwaukee August 2-4 – bit.ly/fw4dummies
- (42:10) Teacher Ryan Rosenthal from Faith in Fond du Lac, WI reviewed Meet Me At Midnight from the Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Teacher Jason Schmidt from Gethsemane in Omaha, NE shared a link to Edutopia resources on assessment
Coming up on WELSTech:
(43:57) Episode 183 – We wrap up the current book discussion with a focus on privacy, reviewing chapters 8 & 9 of Leading 21st Century Schools. (Release date – 05/11/11)
The featured artist:
(44:40) We close the podcast with the music of Crosswalk Lutheran Ministries – You Are My World from their CD titled “Crosswalk Lutheran Ministries”
- Add a comment below
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – mspriggs and welstechtrainer
- Share with the diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: