574 – Harnessing Technology
Martin leads the WELSTech discussion this week with a look the Christian’s two-sided use of technology. Image-centric picks of the week are made just in time, the WELSTech Community has been a busy place, and Apple is stepping up to raise awareness about screen time.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 46:05 — 43.8MB)
Harnessing the Power of Technology … Before it Harnesses You – Martin shares highlights of his recent presentation at the Men of His Word event in Rochester, MN.
- Martin’s Presentation
- WELS Bible Study resources – Subscribe or access through the WELS app
- YouVersion Bible
- Accountability Software – Comparing 5 of the Best Tools
Interactive Faith Online Bible Study
- To the Ends of the Earth: Beginning in Your Backyard – Led by Pastor Eric Roecker
- November 7, 14 & 28 – 6 & 8 pm Central
Picks of the week:
What’s Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done by Matt Perman
- A time-saving typing tool that works anywhere in Chrome – Text Blaze
- From Tech Tools for WELS Teachers (Facebook)
- From WELS Google Schools (Google Plus)
- Google for Education Technical Conference – December 12 in Wisconsin Dells, WI
- Securly Auditor Free
With Version 12 of the iOS operating system, Apple introduced Screen Time for tracking (and limiting, if desired) your mobile device usage. Learn more in How to start using Screen Time from Apple Support.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 575 – Jon Ruddat joins us to preview his WELS EdTechLead Summit presentation titled “How to use MailChimp to Send Automated Encouraging Emails.” Release date: Wednesday, November 14.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Google+
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- WELSTech on Instagram