Welcome to 2014 WELSTech-ers! Join Martin and Sallie as we begin our 7th year of WELSTech with a discussion of techie new year’s resolutions. Ideas for security, education and passwords are shared as well as some resolutions we’ve made to enhance WELSTech. This episode also includes a user-submitted ministry resource, a Google tip and information on the upcoming interactive Bible study with President Mark Schroeder.
Out with the old – The turn of the calendar traditionally provides the opportunity to reflect and identify areas for improvement. Pastor Rob Guenther from Grace in Kenai, AK shared a free online self-assessment tool from Fire Your Excuses, and Martin and Sallie discuss their tech-related resolutions. Worth noting are dates for upcoming FinalWeb training – July 8 to 11 at the Center for Mission and Ministry in Waukesha, WI.
Changes are even in store for WELSTech:
- New recording time is 4 p.m. Central on Tuesdays. Viewers are encouraged to submit questions and comments real time at welstechlive.wels.net
- A new monthly “how-to” series of WELSTech Webinars will launch in March
- Joshua Kramer from Good Shepherd, West Bend, WI recommends Planning Center Online for shared calendaring and more.
- Share a helpful resource that makes a difference in your ministry, and you will be entered to win an Apple TV. Deadline for entry is May 31, 2014.
- Delete a word at a time with Control+Backspace (PC) or Option+Delete (Mac)
- Page-level permissions available in Google Sites
Picks of the week:
Get ready for an online interactive Bible study led by WELS President Mark Schroeder on the topic of “I’d like to read the Bible, but …”. The 4-week study begin February 5th at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Eastern time. Learn more and download bulletin inserts and posters to promote the study in your congregation.
- The Fussy Librarian
- 49 Church Blogging Tips
- A Solution to Your Unfocused Internet Ministry
- What Facebook’s New Page Reach Means for Social Media
- Think Email is Dead Outside of Work?
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 324 – Martin and Sallie discuss chapter 7 of Nicholas Carr’s The Shallows – The Juggler’s Brain. (Release date – 01/15/14)
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: