WELSTech is back with a wrap up discussion of Tech Like a PIRATE, our Summer 2023 book selection. Teacher Donovan Waege joins the book conversation. Sallie tips her hand on two of her favorite e-newsletters, and Martin shares a new recommended password keeper solution. Plus, there’s a new podcast for your playlist!
That’s a wrap – Martin and Sallie share highlights from the closing chapters of Matt Miller’s Tech Like a PIRATE: Using Classroom Technology to Create an Experience and Make Learning Memorable. Donovan Waege, 5th & 6th grade teacher and Technology Director at St. Peter Lutheran School in Weyauwega, WI and Tech PIRATE, shares his impression of the book as well.
- Tech Like a Pirate resources – part of the Ditch That Textbook website
- Teachers Pay Teachers
- Common Sense Media
- Tech Tools for WELS Teachers – Facebook group
Picks of the week
- Canva for your graphic design needs, including websites (sample from Grace Ungemach)
- VaultWarden (self-hosted) and BitWarden (cloud) password keepers
Community feedback & events
Check out the latest podcast from Blueprint Schools, hosted by WELSTech friend Dana Kirchoff and featuring another WELSTech friend, Cindi Holman, WELS National Coordinator for Early Childhood Ministry.
Telling Truth in Love to Mormons (TILM) using tech.
- Add comments
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Join the WELSTech community:
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech