We’ve got a packed show this week on WELSTech. Our lead-off discussion covers ideas for family Bible study from a distance. We learn about the amazing plans for the upcoming Bread for Beggars Festival, and we discuss the hottest topic of the week, the coronavirus, specifically planning for the unknown in your church and school. There’s also picks of the week, audio/video planning resources, and free Bible images to round out the discussion. Don’t delay … Press play!
Family Bible study from a distance – Martin and Sallie share ideas for gathering your spread out family around God’s Word using technology to bridge the distance. They cover everything from finding materials for Bible study to tech tools for connecting to blessings and challenges they’ve encountered in the process.
- Discovering Hope in the Psalms by Pam Farrel, Jean E. Jones, and Karla Dornacher
- Broken: 7 Christian Rules that Every Christian Ought to Break as Often as Possible by Jonathan Fisk
- The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism by Timothy Keller
Upcoming Festival – Pastor Mark Parsons, who serves at Faith in Fond du Lac, WI and is the chief content creator for Bread for Beggars, shares details about the first ever Bread for Beggars Festival, happening June 11-13 in Fond du Lac. Festival attendees will leave full of the feast on God’s Word through sight, song, and story. Registration is open for the full festival (cost $195), or you can attend the Free Friday Night events.
News in tech:
Preparing for the coronavirus in …
- WELS Women Writers Conference
- April 24-25 at Trinity in Waukesha, WI – $75 until April 5
- 57th Annual LWMS Convention
- June 25-28 in Athens, GA – $195 Early Bird until March 31
Picks of the week:
Worship the Lord series on Audio, Acoustics, and Video in the Worship Setting
- Part 1 – Acoustics
- Part 2 – Acoustic Definitions and Implications / Microphones
- Part 3 – Sound System layout and Setup
Contact DSH Audio for assistance
Featured videos/online course:
Learn more about Smithsonian Open Access.
Professor Rachel Feld from Martin Luther College brings edtech to the discussion.
- Add comments
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: