Welcome back to WELSTech! Today’s segment of summer reading from Tech Like a PIRATE focuses on exploration and global communication in the classroom. Plus, we learn that even Martin breaks a sweat sometimes, and that’s ok! Sallie plays the hardware pick “ultimate trump card” while Martin does some star gazing. All this, and more, awaits!
eBallot.com – Synod Convention electronic voting
Exploration and Global Communication – WELSTech lite summer reading continues with an overview of 7 & 8 of Matt Miller’s Tech Like a PIRATE: Using Classroom Technology to Create an Experience and Make Learning Memorable.
- Tech Like a Pirate resources
- Google Treks
- Google Earth Tutorial: Intro to Creation Tools
- AR in Education Wakelet
- Create a new ending
Picks of the week
Community feedback & events
- MLC’s Open Learning Conference Videos & Resources – Available until August 27
We wrap up Tech Like a Pirate with Chapter 9 and an interview with a pirate.
- Add comments
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Join the WELSTech community:
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech