Join this week’s WELSTech for a lively discussion almost all of us “techies” can relate to…providing tech support for friends and family. We walk through several tips and best practices that will make your next “support call” a pleasant one for all involved. Additional discussion includes a discussion of upcoming concerts, graduation, and assignment events at synod schools, multi-media options for your entertainment and a church copyright ministry resource.
Dedicated to WELSTech Moms – Martin and Sallie explore various hardware and software support tactics which are helpful for supporting family and friends, especially from a distance. Secret weapons include using cell phones or tablets to snap a photo of the problem and keeping solutions simple!
Countdown to episode 500:
Revisit year 5 (2012) of WELSTech, episodes 217 to 268. The top picks of the year included long-standing favorites Raspberry Pi, MathCounts, PicMonkey, Camtasia Studio, Google 2-Step Verification, and Google Hangouts.
News in tech:
Synod Schools wrap up the school year with graduation and assignment events. Visit their sites for live streaming links:
- Martin Luther College
- Commencement Concerts – Friday, May 12 – 4:00 & 7:30 pm
- Graduation – Saturday, May 13 – 10:00 am
- Assignments – Saturday, May 13 – 2:30 pm
- Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary
- Vicar Assignment – Tuesday, May 16 – 7:00 pm
- Graduate Assignment – Thursday, May 18 – 10:00 am
- Commencement Concert – Thursday, May 18 – 7:00 pm
- Graduation – Friday, May 19 – 10:00 am
- Luther Preparatory School
- Commencement Concert – Friday, May 19 – 7:00 pm
- Graduation – Saturday, May 20 – 10:00 am
- Michigan Lutheran Seminary
- Commencement Concert – Friday, May 26
- Graduation – Saturday, May 27
Picks of the week:
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 496 – Next week we wrap up the Social Media for Ministry series with a look at some social media superstars and an interview with Pastor James Aderman. Release date: Wednesday, May 10.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: