661 – Adding Value to Information
This week on WELSTech, we resume the book discussion of A World Without Email by Cal Newport with chapters 4 & 5, all about knowledge work processes. Martin shares his first blog post in a “Getting Into Vlogging” series, and Sallie has news about free Bible verse motion video content for church screens.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 43:31 — 20.0MB)
WELSTech is adding a blog. Subscribe today to receive updates!
Manage the Workflow – Martin and Sallie share thoughts on chapters 4 & 5 of A World Without Email by Cal Newport, which begins to explore improved options for knowledge workers to offset the hyperactive hive mind.
Picks of the week
- Faithlife Bible Screen – featured on Church Tech Today
- Getting Into Vlogging – Part 1
- From WELS Intersections – a discussion about a recent Carey Nieuwhof podcast on Everything You Need to Know About Church Online
- Anker Docking Station
- YouTube Premium
- From Free Tech 4 Teachers – 5 Ways to Display YouTube in Class
Coming next on WELSTech
The book discussion concludes with a discussion of chapters 6 & 7 and the conclusion of A World Without Email by Cal Newport.
- Add comments
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- WELSTech on Instagram
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!