A new era of WELSTech has arrived as we welcome not one, but two classroom technology correspondents to the guest host chairs on the same episode! We’re talking hybrid education along with picks of the week, community feedback, and all the other WELSTech goodness we can pack into our time together.
New school year, new challenges – This season on WELSTech we thought we’d double the fun for edtech discussion episodes by inviting both Rachel Feld, Director of Academic Computing at Martin Luther College, and Jason Schmidt, Instructional Technology Coach for Oconto Falls School District, to join Martin and Sallie on the same episodes.
Today we talk about the challenges and opportunities which are evident in classrooms this school year because of the pandemic. Jason and Rachel share tools for formative assessment which is important for gauging learning comprehension in normal situations and is magnified in hybrid/virtual learning situations.
- Pear Deck
- Jason’s professional development seminars
Picks of the week
- SlidesMania – Check out their Education templates!
- Seesaw training
- 10 Ways to Lock Your Windows 10 PC
- Widgetsmith for iOS 14
- Hands on: Widgetsmith from 9To5Mac
Sunday School At Home with Christ Light from Northwestern Publishing House (NPH)
- Watch lessons on the NPH YouTube channel
- WELS Intersections discussion of communication strategy
- Digital check in for church attendance
We’re back in two weeks with the 1st law of Atomic Habits plus an interview.
- Add comments
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: