615 – Bitmoji All Around
On WELSTech this week we learn a lot of things … how to facilitate school-home communication, where to find security guidelines for churches and schools, how to remotely operate Google Slides, that Apple has a new MacBook Pro on the market, and that the trio of co-hosts are all Bitmoji users. Who knew!
Podcast: Download (Duration: 39:40 — 36.3MB)
Connecting Guardians and Schools – In the recently released Future of the Classroom report, Google shares 8 trends which they believe will have an impact on how schools prepare students for a yet-to-be-defined future. Teacher-parent communication, one of the 8 trends outlined in the report, is an area where technology can assist, and Jason Schmidt, Instructional Technology Coach for Oconto Falls School District, joins the conversation to share his experience with a tech tool designed for this purpose.
- Seesaw for Schools
- WELSTech 593 includes an interview with Stephanie Krahn and Kurt Gosdeck on Student-Driven Portfolios using Seesaw
News in tech:
General Information Security Guidelines for WELS Organizations
Picks of the week:
- A special message from Virginia in the Glide App discussion at the Gospel Outreach with Media Fall Conference
- A Rachel Pierson recommendation on the Facebook group Teachers Using Google Suite For Education
Google’s rollout of RCS chat for all Android users
Enjoy Koine Worship Media’s Now Thank We All Our God.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Google+
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- WELSTech on Instagram
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!