613 – CatTech
The cat takeover continues on WELSTech with this week’s revelation that cat photography is the number one reason to purchase the new iPhone. In other news … we talk about 4 shifts in technology integration, a gamified geography (and more) web app, the latest Google goodness, creating infographics, and more!
Podcast: Download (Duration: 1:01:52 — 57.6MB)
Shifting edtech gears – Prof. Rachel Feld from Martin Luther College shares details about the 4 Shifts Protocol, the methodology behind the book Harnessing Technology for Deeper Learning.
Fantasy education – Eric Nelson, WELS member and teacher-founder of FANschool.org, shares the story behind harnessing the fun of fantasy football for use in education. Students draft countries and score when their countries are mentioned in the news. Teachers can set up a league for free for up to 35 players. Learn more.
News in tech:
- Everything Google Announced from Gizmodo
- Chromebook App Hub
- Google’s Titan key for locking your online accounts is now available with USB-c from The Next Web
- Martin Luther College Equipping Christian Witnesses Silver Anniversary campaign
Picks of the week:
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max & recent iOS update = Amazing cat photos
- Education Trends
- Google’s Future of the Classroom: Emerging Trends in K-12 Education Global Edition – Report PDF
- U.S. Department of Education’s Nine Dimensions for Supporting Powerful STEM Learning with Technology – Report PDF
- EduCause – 7 Things You Should Know About …
- Splashtop Desktop
- Quiver AR coloring
- Education Apps for iOS & Android offer volume discounts and Education Coloring Packs
- STEM Teachers Group on Facebook
5 Tips for Creating Infographics with Students using Adobe Spark Post and the Noun Project
At South Side Elementary School in Kendalville, IN, students learn computational thinking starting in kindergarten and develop advanced reasoning skills throughout their elementary school years. Supporting Powerful STEM Learning with Technology: Computational Thinking
The Gospel Outreach with Media online conference is in full swing and includes a presentation from Sallie about an easy way to build mobile apps using Glide Apps. Tune in for more about the conference and about Glide!
- Add comments
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Google+
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- WELSTech on Instagram
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!