This week we welcome Jason Schmidt back to WELSTech for a classroom technology conversation on the latest version of status symbol bullying. We also talk with Justin Liepert about Google Administration. There’s device news, a slick update to the WELS online Yearbook, and church homepage advice along with picks of the week and an amazing theme song for the new school year. Listen up!
Classroom technology chat – Jason Schmidt returns to the co-host chair as our semi-regular classroom technology correspondent and brings his own flavor of Wisconsin sunshine to the podcast. He’s the Instructional Technology Coach for Oconto Falls School District.
This week we’re talking about tech-flavored bullying, which is simply a new version of the status symbol envy which we experienced for Air Jordan or Ralph Lauren clothing in the past.
- iMessage Bullying
- Episode 590 of WELSTech focused on Digital Etiquette.
- View Justin’s presentation slides
- Go Guardian Fleet
- Sound Trap
- Bark for Schools
- uBlock Origin
- GAM for G Suite
News in tech:
- Google Hangouts lives on till June 2020
- New from Apple
- Pixel 3 bargain with Google Fi – Through September 28
Learn more about Lutheran School’s Ministerial Growth and Evaluation process at many of the upcoming Teachers’ Conferences
Picks of the week:
- Story Swag for iOS
- Breakout EDU kit
- Join the Door Security conversation in the WELSTech Google Group
- Ready to become a Screencastify Genius? Get certified and earn your badge!
- The 11-Part Church Website Homepage Formula
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: