It’s cold outside, but we’re warm on WELSTech! Thaw out while you listen to our edtech discussion of digital literacy. We’ll also share the latest from Apple regarding the Facetime bug that may allow others to spy on you, a Chrome extension that solves memory issues, and the first-ever commercial on WELSTech!
Stay warm – The post office may have suspended operation on this record setting cold day, but WELSTech must go on! Join Martin, Sallie, and guest host Jason Schmidt, our semi-regular classroom technology correspondent, for a discussion around teaching digital literacy from chapter four in our Faithfully Connected (available from Concordia Publishing House and Amazon) book discussion.
- Seesaw – Learn more at WELS #EdTechLead19 – Register
- Google Slides
- Minecraft Education Edition
- Welcome to the Web
- Google’s Be Internet Awesome
- Common Sense Media’s Digital Citizenship Curriculum
News in tech:
Picks of the week:
- Headliner – Free online video editor
- KnowBe4 Children’s Interactive Cybersecurity Activity Kit & bonus course
- The Great Suspender – Chrome extension
Ministry Pinterest resource:
- New on the WELSTech Wiki: Audio Podcast Commercials
Check out Common Sense Media’s Educator’s Professional Development Library for a host of great resources. Many of the videos link to lesson plans. A free account is required. Sample: Private and Personal Information.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 587 – Martin and Sallie chat with Philip Wels about live streaming and archiving worship video. Release date: Wednesday, February 6.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: