This week WELSTech is all about edtech as Martin and Sallie are joined by Jason Schmidt, and we continue the discussion of Faithfully Connected. Add to that a long list of news, picks, Pinterest ideas, and community feedback, and this episode is brimming with ideas for tech-in-ministry.
Digital commerce – Jason Schmidt, Technology Coordinator for Bennington Public Schools, joins Martin and Sallie to continue our edtech discussion of Faithfully Connected: Integrating Biblical Principles in a Digital World by Ben Boche and Jake Hollatz (available from Concordia Publishing House and Amazon). Chapter two of the book focuses on teaching children a Christian worldview of self-control and contentment in our marketing-driven society.
News in tech:
- The 5 biggest announcements from the Apple iPad and MacBook event
- Computer Science Education Week is December 3-9
5 to Thrive podcast
Picks of the week:
- Student Data Privacy Consortium
- Join Jason at WELS Education, Technology, and Leadership Summit, June 25-27, 2019 in Wisconsin Dells, WI to learn more.
- Scrappy Circuits
- Power Point on the iPad tips
Ministry Pinterest resource:
- Chromebook Accessibility Webinar – November 1
- Root Robotics
- Using Technology in Preaching
- The Music Modernization Act and Your Church
- Need a church website
- Help with Salesforce
Featured videos and more:
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 574 – “Harnessing the Power of Technology – Before it Harnesses You” was the topic of a recent presentation Martin shared at the Men of His Word Conference in Rochester, MN. Tune in for the highlights of this interesting talk. Release date: Wednesday, November 7.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: