Martin Luther College Professor Rachel Feld is back in the guest host chair on WELSTech, bringing her thoughts on education technology to the discussion. We kick off a new book for the school year, Faithfully Connected, and we shake up our Ministry Resource for the week with STEM resources Pinterest-style!
New book discussion – Kicking off a new season of edtech talk, MLC’s Rachel Feld, Director of Academic Computing and Online Learning, is back as one of WELSTech’s semi-regular classroom technology correspondents, and she brought a book along to share. Read along with us as we discuss Faithfully Connected: Integrating Biblical Principles in a Digital World by Ben Boche and Jake Hollatz (available from Concordia Publishing House and Amazon). This week we learn why Rachel is using the book to train future teachers at MLC plus why she recommends it for teachers, pastors, parents and beyond, and we explore the first chapter of the book, Digital Access.
News in tech:
Announcing our first #EdTechLead19 presenter … Rachel Feld! Rachel will be presenting “Using Technology in Bible Lessons” and “Using Google Apps in WELSSA.”
- Learn more and plan to attend June 25-27, 2019 at Kalahari Resort, Wisconsin Dells
Picks of the week:
- Control Alt Achieve
- How to Set Up HTTPS on Your Site: A Simple Guide
- How to save an email as a PDF on iPhone and iPad
Ministry Pinterest resource:
Check out Pinterest for great STEM activities for elementary, including these boards:
Featured videos and more:
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 569 – Martin shares his research on digital security, including encryption and database management, in light of new regulations, both in the U.S. and abroad. Release date: Wednesday, October 3.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: