The end of the school year doesn’t have to be just something to “survive.” Jason Schmidt joins WELSTech this week to share some projects that turn passive moving watching students into creators. He also brings another robot pick to compliment Sallie’s tip to combat gadget filth.
End of school activities – Jason Schmidt, Technology Director for the Omaha-area Bennington Public Schools, shares ideas from a recent presentation of his on engaging students in activities to usher out the school year. Additional end-or-year ideas and a downloadable Resource Pack are available from John Spencer.
News in tech:
Time is running out to submit your ideas for presentations at WELS Education, Technology, and Leadership Summit 2019 – May 31, 2018 deadline
Picks of the week:
- SparkFun Inventor’s Kit for micro:bit
- How and why you should be cleaning your phone and other electronics
- High Intensity Interval Training and Heart Health
- Intervals app for iOS
- From the WELSTech Google Group discussion of live streaming, Bob Meiter from Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Carmel, IN shared his documentation on AV Broadcasting and Framing Cameras
- As a follow up to WELS Freedom for the Captives initiative, Pastor James Behringer shared Protect My Ministry bundles
Jason’s micro:bit pick of the week is the subject of two cool videos – Product Showcase: SparkFun Inventor’s Kit for micro:bit
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 552 – Martin and Sallie talk with Charlie Ungemach from the Gird Up! podcast and share other ministry podcasts and blogs. Release date: Friday, June 8.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: