The last installment in WELSTech’s “back to the basics” March focus is all about presentations. From classroom to Bible study to conferences, most listeners will agree that presentations are common across all ministry and non-ministry related roles. Jason Schmidt joins the conversation about tips and tools for great presentations. There’s a new Chrome OS platform and affordable robots for classrooms included in this week’s discussion as well.
Present that – Jason Schmidt from Bennington Public Schools in Omaha, NE co-hosts this week, and he’s all about #appsmashing your way to great presentations.
- Google Cast for Education
- The Noun Project
- Pics 4 Learning
- WELSTech Presentation/Teaching Videos YouTube playlist
News in tech:
‘Tis the season to register!
- WELS International Youth Rally – June 26-29, 2018 in Bowling Green, OH
- 55th Annual Lutheran Women Missionary Society Convention – June 21-24, 2018 in Green Bay, WI
- WELS Night at Miller Park – August 3, 2018
- WELS Education, Technology, and Leadership Summit call for presenters – Deadline May 31, 2018
Picks of the week:
- Edison – Affordable robotics for the classroom
- Check out Martin’s Continuing Education course, Dynamic Classroom Presentations, offered this summer at Martin Luther College and the textbook, Presentation Zen
- Jason will be teaching a graduate course at MLC on Google Technology in Education this summer as well
Polling tools for your presentations
Enjoy the MLC College Choir singing In My Father’s House.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 543 – April arrives with a focus on Awesome Apps, and the week 1 discussion is all things related to mobile photography. Release date: Wednesday, April 4.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: