The WELSTech discussion this week focuses on video, the next media frontier. Your social media feeds are dominated by them, and YouTube “channels” have become yesterday’s websites. How will your ministry respond to the video generation? Join Martin and Sallie as they discuss video, channels and how reaching out today seems to mean getting smarter at video creation, curation and presentation.
Video channels – Martin and Sallie consider time travel and decide there’s no time like the present to get serious about beefing up your video channels!
- YouTube Channel settings
- Brand vs Personal YouTube Channel
- Your Time of Grace on YouTube
- WELS on Vimeo
- Martin Luther College on LiveStream
- Spark YouTube Channel Art Maker
News in tech:
Interactive Faith online Bible Study – Luther’s Lasting Impact – Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary Prof. Joel Otto will lead the study on Wednesday’s now through November 8 at 6 pm and 8 pm (central).
Picks of the week:
- Join the conversation at the upcoming Gospel Outreach with Media (gowm.org) online conference, opening October 23 – Details
- 20 YouTube Tricks, Hacks & features You’ll Want to Know About This Year
- HDMI projector adapter for meeting rooms
- How can Microsoft Education enhance your learning environment? (video)
Community feedback spills into our weekly featured video selection thanks to Michael Vlieger from Risen Savior, Mankato, MN. He shared the Explaining Computers YouTube channel and two great videos. First, check out a demo of DaVinci Resolve in DaVinci Resolve 14 Free Video Editor.
And then, get your maker hat on as you watch an overview of Raspberry Pi Google AIY Voice Kit. You can learn more about the kit from the Google AIY site and purchase it from MicroCenter and other retailers.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 520 – Filmmakers Steve and Beth Zambo join the conversation to discuss planning, production, and distribution of video. Release date: Wednesday, October 25.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: