On WELSTech this week, Jason Schmidt wraps up our edtech school year discussion with a look at the many possibilities technology provides for student and classroom collaboration. We also share an NPH survey on “Being Lutheran,” look at an affordable smart lighting option, and explore automated e-mail to church visitors. Oh, and Chuck Norris makes an appearance!
Collaboration in the connected classroom – Wrapping up the 2016-17 school year edtech discussions on WELSTech, Martin and Sallie are once again joined by Jason Schmidt, Technology Director for Bennington Public Schools near Omaha, NE. From the New Media Consortium Horizon Report 2016 K-12 Edition, this week’s discussion spotlight is student collaboration. Whether the project makes use of technology or not, and whether it is is face-to-face or spanning the miles, collaboration initiatives need structure and guidelines for success.
- 102 Free (or Free-to-Try) Online Collaborative Learning Tools
- 10 Collaborative Technology Projects Your Students Will Love!
- Help Students Take More Ownership Over Group Work
Countdown to episode 500:
Revisit year 8 (2015) of WELSTech, episodes 374 to 425.
- This was the year of WELSTech Conference 2015. Mark your calendars for our next big event – June 24-27, 2019 Leadership & Technology Conference.
- We recorded our 400th episode LIVE from the conference with the largest WELSTech audience ever!
- Standout picks in 2015 included
News in tech:
Take the Forward In Christ survey on Being Lutheran
Picks of the week:
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 499 – Martin and Sallie are together at the CMM to say goodbye to the WELSTech 400s. Release date: Wednesday, May 31.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: