This week on WELSTech we offer tips to engage members in sharing the good news of Jesus Christ via social media. Sallie has some gear recommendations while Martin demonstrates the new Google Team Drives for shared file ownership. You’ll learn about the busiest year in WELSTech history as well as get insider info on a ShopWELS bargain available in April. Plus, there’s a bit of Koine for your Holy Week reflection.
“Equipping the saints” for social ministry – Social Media has been “mainstream” for the general public for years now, but some churches are still trying to use them effectively. One key to successful communications through these popular networks is the use of “ambassadors” – those who can take the message of the church/school and spread it through their wider networks. View the Social Media Ambassadors for Ministry infographic.
Countdown to episode 500:
Revisit year 2 (2009) of WELSTech, episodes 53 to 112. Highlights include our first summer series, Bonus WELSTech Goodness, a young Jason Schmidt, and “shock jock” Sallie’s surprising worst-of-the-year pick.
News in tech:
- Facebook’s social network for business will soon be available for free
- Apple’s new social video creation app ‘Clips’ now available
Picks of the week:
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 493 – Community feedback is back, and you won’t want to miss the ultimate in pen, paper, and microwave geekery which was shared! Release date: Wednesday, April 19.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: