486 – Online Ed
This week on WELSTech Rachel Feld joins the conversation to discuss the latest developments in online and adaptive learning. Educators will want to listen on Rachel’s iPad/iPhone pick called “Duck, Duck, Moose.” Sallie is unplugging … for a day, and Martin shares a great site to get reviews of gadgets for those who are looking to plug more things in.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 41:09 — 37.7MB)
Individualized learning for littles – Using the New Media Consortium K-12 Horizon Report 2016 as a springboard, the edtech conversation du jour is online learning, but not just for high-schoolers. Teacher Rachel Feld from Bethany in Kenosha, WI shares her 1st and 2nd grade classroom experience with online tools that adapt for individualized student needs.
- Download the report (PDF)
- Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)
- Front Row Education
- Martin Luther College Summer classes open for registration
- MOOC Offers Assistance on Designing Blended Learning Courses
News in tech:
Amazon AWS S3 outage is breaking things for a lot of websites and apps
Picks of the week:
Celebrate Lutheran Schools Week with students from St. Paul’s Lutheran School in New Ulm, MN, We’re Happy! on the WELSTech Schools YouTube playlist.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 487 – Tune in for a primer on positive parenting in the digital age. Release date: Wednesday, March 8.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail email@example.com
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Google+
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- WELSTech on Instagram
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!