485 – Lenten Resources and Feedback
It’s time once again for WELSTech’s Community Feedback episode. Martin and Sallie share everything from church newsletter tips to pinned infographics, Chromebook news to ideas for creating church directories. Sallie is raking in the ministry resource comments and Martin is printing (imagine that!). All this, plus Pastor James Hein shares his insightful thoughts on ministering to millennials.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 1:08:14 — 62.5MB)
Share and share alike – The WELSTech community is not known to disappoint, and this month’s Community Feedback is proof!
- Logos Basic
- Social Media Cheat Sheet
- 116 visual content ideas for your biz
- 20 Best Social Media Tools for 2017
- 3D Technology Enhances Learning in World History Class at Wisconsin Lutheran High School
- Insert videos from Google Drive in Google Slides
- How to Organize Pages in the New Google Sites
- A new generation of Chromebooks, designed for millions of students and educators
- Online gradebook suggestions:
- 5 Ways to Send Better Church Newsletters
- Mesh is the hottest trend in home Wi-Fi, so we tested every top system to find the best
- 3 Reasons Your Church Needs a Communication Person
Ministering to Millennials – Pastor James Hein from St. Marcus in Milwaukee joined the WELSTech conversation to share his insight on reaching out and nurturing the millennial age group (born from 1980-2000). He also shared his interesting view of the how the church of the future may look a lot different and why quality and efficient technology may play a role in the change.
- Read more about ministering the millennials on Pastor Hein’s blog, Crossing my mind, Mind on the cross
- unChristian: What a New Generation Really Thinks about Christianity
- You Lost Me: Why Young Christians Are Leaving Church … and Rethinking Faith
- Good Faith: Being a Christian When Society Thinks You’re Irrelevant and Extreme
Martin Luther College 2017 College Choir Tour Schedule
- Tune in Sunday, March 19 at 3 pm for their home concert, live streamed from MLC
Picks of the week:
- 17 Tricks to Master Google Photos
- Don’t Share Your Location
- Convert Images Already Uploaded to Save Space
- Backup with Wi-Fi Only – “Google Photos can eat through your data [plan] like water dissolving cotton candy.”
- How to Print from Your iPhone/iPad
The newest addition on the WELSTech Music YouTube playlist is What a Friend We Have in Jesus from Koine.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 486 – Rachel Feld, techy teacher extraordinaire, co-hosts as we look at the future of online learning in K-12. Release date: Wednesday, March 1.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Google+
- WELSTech on Pinterest
- WELSTech on Instagram
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!