437 – Lots of Things to Bookmark!
This week on WELSTech the community of viewers share links and ideas including open source resources for educators, using Google Keep for notetaking, several free conferences and webinars, and a great deal on Microsoft Office 2016 for school faculty and staff. Martin shares a method for granting emergency access to your LastPass account, plus the listener-contributed ministry resource may prove helpful for those developing materials for Bible and religion classes.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 45:33 — 41.7MB)
The community speaks – Martin and Sallie share all of the latest news and discussion from the various WELSTech channels.
- Join the new WELSTech Google Group
- Wisconsin Technology Initiative upcoming conference
- Gospel Outreach With Media (gowm.org) online conference starting March 28
- Geo-mapping the Bible – OpenBible.info
- OER Commons
- The Magic of 30-Minute Meetings
- The Green Bay Packers of Church Management
- Become a Google Slides Artist With These 7 Tricks
- You Can Now Use JotForm and Dwolla to Process Payments with No Fees
- Free Webinar from TechSmith – How Visual and Video Impact Learning: Enhancing Your Toolbox with Snagit – Tuesday, March 29 @ 2 pm Eastern
- WELS Intersections on Facebook
- Upcoming event: Saturday, April 9 beginning at 9 am with networking before and after – Guest speaker is Steve Zambo from Salty Earth Pictures – St. John’s Lutheran Church on 68th and Forest Home in Milwaukee
- The 8 Best Chrome Extensions As Chosen By Teachers
- Google Keep Resources – From the Midwest Google Summit
- Why I use an iPad during Worship
- Amazon working on an education platform for course materials
- Student Quick Guide to Google Classroom [Infographic]
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 for educators and staff – $19.99
Take the WELSTech Photo Challenge for March
- Submit photos of Lent, Easter & John 24:6a, “He is not here; he has risen!”
- Check out the public domain WELSTech Photo Challenge album on Flickr
Picks of the week:
- 13 Tips for Recording Your iPhone, iPad or iPod
- LastPass Emergency Access
A Helpful List of Short Apologetic Videos
Consider using this video as a discussion starter – Did Jesus Rise from the Dead? – new on the WELSTech Presentation & Teaching playlist on YouTube.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 438 – Martin is away, but Jason Schmidt is a sunny stand-in as we discuss robotics and virtual reality in the classroom. Release date: Thursday, March 31
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
- WELSTech Google Group
- WELSTech on Facebook
- WELSTech on Google+
- WELSTech on Pinterest
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!