434 – Kid Creators
It’s education technology week again on WELSTech as Gail Potratz shares her insights into the transformation of learning through the use of technology. Listen for a thoughtful discussion which educators and administrators can use as a springboard to examining the state of transformative learning in their own schools. Where do you stand on the SAMR path?
Podcast: Download (Duration: 58:43 — 53.8MB)
Consumers to creators – Gail Potratz, Technology Coordinator at Emanuel in New London, WI, joins Martin and Sallie for a WELS-style discussion of the New Media Consortium’s K-12 Horizon Report. As we observe dropping prices allowing for increased tech adoption in WELS schools, the new challenge becomes having administrative vision plus necessary time investment by all teachers (not just the tech coordinator) to redefine learning.
- Common Sense Media’s K-12 Digital Citizenship Curriculum
- Gail’s “The Plot Thickens” example
News in tech:
- The 6 most important things you need to know about Facebook’s Reactions
- Advertisers Don’t Like Facebook’s Reactions. They Love Them
Check out the Educational Technology Certificate program at Martin Luther College
Picks of the week:
- Follow Eric Curts on Google+
- Creating Comic Strips with Google Slides
- Comic Example – Science Concepts
- Matific – Chrome Extension
Check out the Jelly Telly channel on YouTube – Sample 1 Samuel video
With a special shout out to Bread for Beggars for the link, enjoy the music of Joey Schumann … “If God Himself Be For Me” is saved on the WELSTech “Like’s” list on Vimeo
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 435 – Amanda Moldstad from On-My-Heart.com, a downloadable Lutheran memory work system, joins Martin and Sallie as they discuss ways to grow your faith digitally. Release date: Wednesday, March 9
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!