416 – Classroom Management
On WELSTech this week we tackle classroom management from all angles – using technology, monitoring technology, and even good, old-fashioned teacher awareness tips. The discussion features our very own edtech guru, Jason Schmidt, who always delivers some lively conversation. Martin and Jason share their smartphone choices, and there’s a brand-new WELSTech Photo Challenge for November!
Podcast: Download (Duration: 53:30 — 49.0MB)
2Eyes & 2Feet – Jason Schmidt from Bennington Public Schools is back for his 5th season of guest hosting on WELSTech, and, as usual, he’s brought his own sunshine along for the classroom management discussion. Listen for tech and non-tech ideas for effectively overseeing today’s “digital native” students.
- The Best App For Monitoring Students
- LanSchool & LanSchool Lite
- GoGuardian – Recent WELS Google Schools discussion
- 5 Classroom Management Apps Every Teacher Needs to Know About
- Too Noisy App
- Awesome Apps for Classroom Management
News in tech:
YouTube launching ad-free $10-a-month subscription service
Be part of the WELSTech Photo Challenge – Already 241 royalty-free photos strong!
- October – Reformation & Fall
- November – Thanksgiving, Food & Psalm 118:24
Picks of the week:
- Geocaching.com – Mobile Apps
- Get the Nexus 6 on Amazon for the discounted price of $349
Visit the Time of Grace blog
Celebrate Reformation with Koine’s A Mighty Fortress is Our God, the newest addition to the WELSTech Music YouTube Playlist.
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 417 – Fresh from presenting at the Wisconsin State Teachers’ Conference, Martin shares tips for building the technology behind flipped learning. Join us Tuesday, November 3 at 4 pm Central. welstechlive.wels.net
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: