This week’s WELStech is quite a zoo as Martin shares digital outreach tips, there’s a BORAM on the loose, and the Education on Air archive is available. Tune in for all of this plus a milestone birthday for one of the zoo keepers!
The interview & discussion:
10 Tips for Cross-Cultural Digital Outreach – Martin is just back from Boise, ID where he assisted a congregation considering digital outreach strategies, particularly in their Vietnamese mission efforts. He boils down the efforts to 10 useful tips for anyone doing online outreach, locally and globally.
- Identify digital content
- Pick one priority at a time
- Can you do more or do things differently?
- Provide digital resources to members (friendship evangelism)
- Capture and share stories
- Revisit our interview on sharing your story with MLC Professor Mark Paustain
- Provide digital resources to members for deeper study
- Develop a social media strategy
- Understand what websites are and aren’t
- Develop an engagement strategy
- Use a prospect management database
- Check out the 2015 Synod Convention event site for the newly released Book of Reports and Memorials
- Mark your calendar for upcoming graduation and call day events:
Picks of the week:
It’s Google Chrome plug-in week:
- Google Apps for Education requires accreditation – What is your experience?
- America’s Changing Religious Landscape
Google’s Education on Air is archived. A few recommendations:
- Transforming learning with technology
- And you thought you knew everything about Forms!
- Set your sites on Sites
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 393 -Pastor Emile Burgess from Trinity, Caldonia, WI, a presenter at WELSTech Conference 2015, joins us as we discuss church office apps. Watch and participate on 05/19/15 @ 4 pm Central – welstechlive.wels.net
The last word:
We hope you’ll attend WELSTech Conference 2015, July 9 – 11 in Waukesha, WI
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: