385 – Don’t Get Too Comfortable
WELSTech is back with a discussion on congregational, school and personal data and device security. Martin admits he’s warming up to Pinterest with our first-ever Pinterest-centric Ministry Resource. Plus the “Please Open the Door” site for outreach to Mormon missionaries is highlighted.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 1:00:16 — 55.2MB)
The interview & discussion:
Be safe out there – Pastor James Wilcox from Good Shepherd’s in West Allis, WI shares a preview of his WELSTech Conference 2015 breakout session titled Smart Computer Security for Church, School and Life. Interestingly, we learn that security and convenience are diametrically opposed!
- Security Now podcast
- Krebs on Security
- VIPRE Security News – Scroll down for the article titled Can I Make My Computer Completely Secure?
- “FREAK” flaw in Android and Apple devices cripples HTTPS crypto protection
Pinterest Christian Easter Resources
News in tech:
Streaming music drowns out CD sales in US for the first time – Deezer
Picks of the week:
- Badge EDU – NMC Horizon Report: 2014 K-12 Edition
- An All-New Way to Share What Inspires You in the YouVersion Bible App
Please Open the Door – Reaching Mormon missionaries
Need to know:
We’re giving away Chromebooks, including the new Chromebook Pixel, and lots more “shiny” tech at WELSTech Conference 2015! Register by April 1 to take advantage of the Early Bird price of $199.
- 5 Ways to Promote Your Easter Service for $5
- Using Email for Church Communication to Share Your Story
- 10 Good Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms Add-ons for Teachers
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 386 – Jason Schmidt is back to talk Science and Social Studies educational technology sites and apps. Watch and participate on 03/31/15 @ 4 pm Central – welstechlive.wels.net.
Koine makes another appearance on the WELSTech Music playlist on YouTube as we feature Chapter 1 of their Footsteps to the Cross playlist
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!