This week on WELSTech we return to this season’s productivity book discussion and consider the merits of setting our alarms a bit earlier. We also hear the story behind a new outreach-focused video short, learn about a major update of the WELS Mobile app, discover a new platform for ebooks and get motivated by the three greatest words ever spoken.
Wake Up! – Part 4 of What’s Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done by Matt Perman introduces ideas for blocking out your daily schedule for focused time on tasks and projects. Martin shares his new (early) morning schedule inspired by Matt’s suggestions in this section.
We’re excited to share Ben Champion’s Blessed video short. Ben is a member of Beautiful Savior in Marietta, GA. He tells us that this zero budget film is the first of what he hopes will be a series of outreach focused messages. Consider sharing it and perhaps making your own video short. Find the video on the WELSTech’s Presentation/Teaching playlist on YouTube.
News in tech:
Picks of the week:
- The Must Read SlideShares of 2014
- Diamond USB 3.0 Superspeed Hub with Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
- Heart to Heart Parent Conversations – Forward in Christ blog
- Featuring WELSTech Hall of Famer Pastor Rob Guenther – Dad, you are totally awesome!
Need to know:
- Interactive Faith – Breaking the Cycle with grace (A Study of the Book of Judges) – Wednesdays at 6 & 8 pm Central
- WELSTech Conference 2015
- Socrative Garden blog
- Socrative on Pinterest
- 5 Gadgets Your Church Should Be Using
- The Three Greatest Words Ever Spoken from The Quotable WELS Teacher blog by Andy Van Weele
- Move It Chrome extension
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 376 – WELSTech is LIVE from MLC as Martin and Sallie enjoy a rare opportunity to podcast from the same location and talk with student Jonathan Witte about MLC’s Quadcopter, GoPro camera and Instagram presence. (SPECIAL date & time – 01/22/15 at 4:30 pm)
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.gapps.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: