330 – Earn Your Badge
This week the WELSTech web site is all new, after a major upgrade and relocation, and the WELSTech goodness abounds. Guest host Gail Potratz, along with Tyler Shadick, bring us up to speed on the emerging trend of digital badges for assessment in education. We even dole out a few of the first-ever WELSTech badges. FinalWeb training registration is unveiled, plus much more.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 53:31 — 24.5MB)
The interview and discussion:
Endorse, Honor and Certify! – Badges in education are changing the way teachers assess and motivating students to achieve. Gail Potratz, WELSTech’s semi-regular classroom technology correspondent from Emanuel in New London, WI and Tyler Shadick, Online Learning Systems Analyst from Concordia University, Wisconsin, talk with Martin and Sallie about the reasons to consider badges as part of your assessment strategy and the tools to help you get started.
- Digital Badges
- The Teacher’s Guide to Badges in Education
- Class Badges
- 10 Lessons & Reminders for The Open Badges Summit
Check out the new WELSTech Badges
- Zooming in on Windows 8 using Magnifier – Windows Key plus + or – and Windows Kew Esc to close
- Start early if you are Hanging Out on a schedule
- Close All Tabs Chrome extension
Picks of the week:
Registration is officially open for summer FinalWeb training with Martin and Sallie at the Center for Mission and Ministry. Learn more and sign up at bit.ly/fwtraininginfo.
- Apps Status Dashboard
- Safari Books Online
- iPads in Education
- iPads on Learning in Hand
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 331 – Martin flies solo and shares secrets for building web apps. (Broadcast date – 03/04/14)
This week only, download a free music single from WELS musician and staff minister Benhur Khamrang (Reverbnation) – Brothers, Sisters, Let Us Gladly
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
[…] educational systems by the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod‘s (WELS) WELSTech for their Earn a Badge podcast. I guest hosted with my former professor, Gail Potratz, who taught my Building Online Learning […]
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!