329 – Are You Legal?
This week’s WELSTech focus is on the necessary but formidable topic of copyright as it relates to all types of intellectual property – audio, video, images, music and lyrics – used in church and school settings. Martin and Sallie are joined by Northwestern Publishing House copyright expert Kristine Laufer for the discussion. Also this week we learn about video resources for youth ministry, canned responses in Gmail and a creative way to keep fit.
Podcast: Download (Duration: 54:35 — 25.0MB)
Copyright answers – Kristine Laufer, Rights and Permissions Coordinator for Northwestern Publishing House, talks with Martin and Sallie about copyright issues including various use of Christian Worship and Christian Worship Supplement.
Doing copyright right – Martin and Sallie share resources to assist churches and schools with their compliance with the complex issue of copyright law.
- Christian Copyright Solutions
- Wikipedia on Fair Use
- A Fair(y) Use Tale
- The Educator’s Guide to Copyright, Fair Use and Creative Commons
Royalty-Free Image Resources:
With special thanks to WELSTech’s very special anonymous contributor …
- Use the backspace key
- How to Password Protect a Google Form
Picks of the week:
- Gmail Canned Responses
- Office 365 for Non-Profits – Features | Sign Up
- Chromebook Keyboard Shortcut Overlay
- Internet Timer
- Internet Off
- The Walk Fitness Tracker and Game
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 330 – Gail Potratz from Emanuel in New London, WI joins Martin and Sallie as we talk about the latest technology trends in education. (Broadcast date – 2/25/14)
This week enjoy a free music download from WELS praise band Koine (www.koinemusic.com | Facebook)- Lord Jesus, You Have Come In Love
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!