We’re broadcasting live from Martin Luther College for this week’s WELSTech. Martin and Sallie are side-by-side with MLC students as they discuss the future of technology in ministry. Live Q&A keeps us on our toes, we find time for an exercise break, plus Martin gets a special surprise.
The students’ perspective – Martin Luther College students Katie Schultz, Joel Hopper, Emily Waldek, Dan Schallert and Jared Natsis talk with Martin and Sallie about ministry and technology and their expectations for future. It turns out that these Millennials surprisingly think “less is more” when it comes to shiny tech.
- Steve Brown, member of Messiah in South Windsor, CT and blogger at Worship Ideas You Can Use, reviews the Christian Worship Supplement Guitar Edition available from Northwestern Publishing House
- Share your review of software, hardware or web sites which assist with your personal or professional ministry efforts, and you will be entered to win a Nexus 7 tablet. Deadline for entry is May 31, 2014.
- Exercise Once An Hour
- Go incognito in Google Chrome
Picks of the week:
Get ready for an online interactive Bible study led by WELS President Mark Schroeder on the topic of “I’d like to read the Bible, but …”. The 4-week study begin February 5th at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Eastern time. Learn more and download bulletin inserts and posters to promote the study in your congregation.
- e.ggtimer.com – Thanks Tom … or Jason??
- Deloitte’s 2014 TMT (Tech, Media and Telecommunication) Predictions
- Smeken Education’s Idea Library for Language Arts
- Happy students in Justin Krause’s classroom at Salem in Stillwater, MN using a SMART Response system
- Hymnsoft 3 discussion on the WELSTech listserve
Coming up on WELSTech:
Episode 326 – Going paperless is easier than you think! Martin and Sallie share ideas to digitize (and organize) your life. (Release date – 01/29/14)
This week only, download a free music single from WELS musician and staff minister Benhur Khamrang (Reverbnation) – Crown Him With Many Crowns
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community: