310 – Are We Blockheads?
Tune in to today’s WELSTech for the next chapters of our regular book discussion (we’ll settle the blockhead debate once and for all) as well as a shiny tech giveaway announcement, a free digital magazine and much more.
Podcast: Download (53.2MB)
Historic brain change – Today Martin and Sallie revisit this season’s book discussion selection, The Shallows by Nicholas Carr. In chapters 2-4 the author takes a historic look at the introduction of clocks to society as well as the shift from oral to written communication. The changes in human behavior that occurred because of these historic events support the fairly recent understanding of the malleable or plastic characteristics of God’s amazing creation, our brain, which allows it to change in response to new influences.
(24:19) Church Juice – Ways to Improve Your Church Bulletin
(26:55) Share your review of software, hardware or web sites which assist with your personal or professional ministry efforts, and you will ll be entered to win a Nexus 7 tablet. Deadline for entry is May 31, 2014.
- (29:22) Highlights and notes on Kindle
- Google Forms e-mail notifications
Picks of the week:
- (38:00) Top 100 Learning Tools of 2013 from Jane Hart
- Always Clear Downloads Chrome plugin
(46:15) Forward in Christ magazine has gone digital! Try it out for free through the end of the year.
- (47:55) Mobile Cause
- Common Sense Media Scope & Sequence
- Jot Form Apps
- Digital Analytics Fundamentals course from Google
Coming up on WELSTech:
(54:13) Episode 311 – Next week join Martin and Sallie as we tour the many features of the WELS Mobile App. (Release date – 10/15/13)
(58:04) Beginning next week we’ll share a free song from a WELS artist for download each week.
- Add a comment
- Send us an e-mail [email protected]
- Leave us a voice mail 405-FOR-WELS (405-367-9357)
- Add to the WELSTech wiki welstechwiki.wels.net
- Contribute to the #WELSTech Twitter conversation
- Follow us on Twitter – welstech, mspriggs and salliedraper
- Share with the Diigo group welstech
- Join the WELSTech community:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!